Free Virtual Consultation Exam
With Mahaffey Linkous Orthodontics
Start your smile journey with Mahaffey Linkous Orthodontics—an expert orthodontic practice that understands your life.
Learn if you’re a candidate for treatment from your phone. Dr. Mahaffey or Dr. Linkous will assess your smile and let you know if treatment is right for you.
How It Works
First, you'll start by telling us a little about yourself. Then, you'll snap a few pictures of your teeth.
Use your smartphone to take photos of your smile like the ones below. The more high-quality the photos are, the more we can see and discuss!
- You’ll need to email a series of eight quick photos from your smartphone.
- You can use teaspoons to retract your lips.
- Make sure that the room is well-lit for the best quality photos.
Fill out the form below to upload your pictures.
All done! Dr. Mahaffey or Dr. Linkous will review your photos and get back to you with your treatment plan options.
When we send you an email, or you send us an email, the information sent is not encrypted. That means a third party may be able to access the information and read it since it is transmitted over the Internet. If you receive an email, someone may be able to access your email account and read it.
- HIPAA stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- HIPAA was passed by the U.S. government in 1996 in order to establish privacy and security protections for health information
- Information stored on our computers is encrypted.
- Most popular email services (ex. Hotmail®, Gmail®, Yahoo®) do not utilize encrypted email.
- Email is a very popular and convenient way to communicate for a lot of people, so in their latest modification to the HIPAA act, the federal government provided guidance on email and HIPAA.
- The guidelines state that if a patient has been made aware of the risks of unencrypted email, and that same patient provides consent to receive health information via email, then a health entity may send that patient personal medical information via unencrypted email.
- For more information visit https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013-01-25/pdf/2013-01073.pdf.
By sending a request for virtual consultation with email you are accepting the terms and conditions of utilizing non-encrypted email to communicate health information.